Explore approaches to reduce natural resource depletion, discover the principles of soil health and regenerative land use
Uncover strategies to minimise processing waste and discover new markets for your waste and by-products
Gain insights into players, trends, solutions and customers
Explore options for building a resilient and sustainable supply chain
Gain insights into innovations and players in the bioeconomy
Sustainable Agri-Food SYSTEMS
- Explore soil health science and regenerative farming approaches.
- Find and engage with partners and technologies to build regenerative supply chains.
- Understand consumer trends and stakeholder attitudes.
Waste minimisation and valorisation
- Convert materials that are under-utilised or going to waste into higher value products, by discovering new revenue streams and markets.
- Identify potential valorisation options by reviewing the market and supply chain, and all technology options.
Bioeconomy Commercial Opportunity Analysis
- Explore the potential markets and applications for your innovations.
- Identify commercial partners and interested stakeholders.
- Understand the competitive landscape, products and trends, and needs of the end-users.
- Identify resource efficient, low impact, sources of supply.
- Identify ‘waste’ materials that might be suitable as a raw material for your processing needs.
- Understand the emerging bioeconomy market for sustainable biochemicals and biomaterials to displace synthetics and petrochemicals.
A tailored approach for each project to meet your individual needs as well as operating according to some fundamental principles…
An iterative and pragmatic process
- Using a phased approach, building touchpoints into the project plan so you can redirect, scale up, scale down, or kill the project as it progresses
- Snapshots for urgent needs, providing you with a quick, top-level overview of a defined area, for example a preliminary mapping exercise, key technology options, or potential partners
Optimised data sources
- Insights gathered from a wide range of published data, including scientific research papers, patents, industry news, trade data, and Government publications
- Interviews with experts worldwide provide you with opinion and insights from technology owners and developers, academic researchers, association and government committee members, and key opinion leaders
Independent viewpoints from a trusted advisor
- We operate without preconceptions or bias and always provide you with our honest and objective opinion
- We operate independently and do not own or develop any technology or IP
- We understand the commercial sensitivity of your interests and work anonymously and confidentially on your behalf
About Lucid Insight
Lucid Insight was founded by Lucinda Tolhurst, known as Lukie, in 2014.
Starting out with a Biology Degree from Durham University, Lukie has acquired over 25 years’ experience in innovation in many areas including resource minimisation, green energy, sustainable sourcing and circular economy, as well as broader product, process and business innovation. She has worked with some of the world’s largest corporates, helping them discover innovation and inspiration from across the world, but has more recently been working with farmers, landowners, consortiums, SMEs and crop-to-product companies to explore regenerative agri-food systems, and development of biochemicals, biomaterials and other natural products to displace petrochemical and synthetic resources. Her experience covers various industry sectors including agri-food, consumer goods, energy, chemicals, materials, and healthcare. Her work includes hands-on assessment of soil health and biodiversity.
At Lucid Insight, Lukie builds project teams tailored to the needs of each client through partnering with other professional organisations, networks, and with a group of business associates.
“This will really help us create momentum in the area.”
“You have gathered a phenomenal amount of data in a very short amount of time, due to excellent communication and engagement with the key site stakeholders at all levels”
“We have very much appreciated your persistence and flexibility”
“The output … has provided us with extremely useful insights that will help our company move forwards with our food waste reduction strategy.”
“Great work and deep research for this difficult topic.”
“Great facilitation, flexible in mind, very smart, excellent communication skills, results oriented…In short, it’s been great working with you!”
“The work is high quality, which I have always experienced!”
“I felt that you delivered exactly what was requested, under an aggressive time line and in a technology / nascent market space that isn’t simple…I really give the work you did a 10.”
“Exceptional to deal with and exceeded my expectation.”
“This information has and still is being used to inform the global (short to long term) strategy.”
“Excellent work and convincing conclusion.”
“We’ve identified 3-4 concrete actions which we will follow up to bring this programme to a more concrete next level”
“The project output at the time (as delivered by you) was wonderful.”
1. Expressed clearly; easy to understand.
2. Bright or luminous.
1. The capacity to gain an accurate and deep intuitive understanding of a person or thing.
+44 (0) 7958049497
Oxford, United Kingdom